Friday, March 3rd
All students MUST set up their posters at Sleepy Hollow HS on Friday, March 3 between 4:30pm and 8:00pm in order to be eligible to present at WESEF. If the poster is not set up and checked in by 8:00pm on Friday, March 3, the student will not be allowed to present on Saturday.
**Maelia will be heading over to Sleepy Hollow at 2:00pm. If you come to help setup then, you will be allowed to setup your poster early (before the rush) and leave earlier.**
● New set up procedure on Friday, March 3rd: In attempt to expedite the check-in process, students will no longer be required to have their poster previewed at the registration table. Students will:
o provide their name and school and then be given their Fair-ID# and where to set up their poster.
o set up their display (poster) and then fill out and turn in our new “Check-Out Participation Waiver”. This document serves to confirm participation, issue a statement of ethics, and requires a self-check for violations (i.e. school, mentor, institution names and abstracts are NOT allowed on the poster or any part of the exhibit. Failure to submit this simple document will make student ineligible for any awards. In the event that someone is dropping the board off for the student, that individual assumes responsibility for submitting the Participation Waiver after setting up the project.
Saturday, March 4th
● Parking at Sleepy Hollow is very, very limited. There are over 300 judges at WESEF and the judges arrive 1 hour before the students. Therefore there will be very, very few parking spaces available for students. We urge students to carpool or be dropped off.
● Students should arrive between 8:45am – 9:15am. While students can wait inside the lobby starting at 8:45, they will not be allowed in the gym until 9:15. Any student not at their poster when the judging starts at 10:00 will be disqualified from participating
● Wi-Fi at WESEF: There will NOT be any Wi-Fi access at Sleepy Hollow HS.
● Movie: In an effort to keep the judging areas free from excess noise, the WESEF committee will be showing a movie in the auditorium from 1:00-3:00.
○ If a student has been judged 5 times by 1:00 they should go to the auditorium. At 3:00 all students will return to their posters for the public open house.
○ Food and drinks will not be allowed in the auditorium.
○ Students that do not stay at their poster for the duration of the public open house 3:00-4:30pm will not be eligible for any award. The original end time for this said 4:00, but that was incorrect.
● Posterboard/display takedown: 4:30 – 5:00
○ Poster and all materials must be removed from the gym but you are able to leave your poster in the lobby until after the awards ceremony.
○ Any materials that are left at Sleepy Hollow HS overnight will be disposed of.
● Awards ceremony: 7:00-9:00pm
○ 2017 awards ceremony will be held in the gymnasium to allow for significantly (p<.05) more people than the auditorium.
○ Parents, siblings, friends, are welcome at the awards ceremony but must sit in the bleachers and leave all floor seats for the students, teachers and sponsors.