The Somers Science Research Foundation (SSRF) is a booster organization formed by a group of parents to support our thriving Somers Science Research (SSR) program.
Our goal is to support our hard-working students in any way be can, by volunteering our time and by providing funding either through donations or fund-raising activities.
So far, the Somers Science Research Foundation has helped students by
- providing feedback at practice talks in preparation for competitions
- assisting them in building mentor connections
- organizing and staffing the very well-received Somers Science Fair
- purchasing a large-format plotter for printing presentation posters
We would like to do more, such as
- purchase specialized materials and equipment when needed for student projects and presentations
- help students cover travel costs when they are selected to advance in competition
- offer Somers Science Research Foundation scholarships to graduating seniors
We cannot achieve these things without parent participation! Please join us!
General membership meetings are held quarterly.
We encourage anyone who supports our mission to become a member ofthe Somers Science Research Foundation (a registered 510c(3))! All donors and members will receive recognition on a donor poster at all SSR events, in the program book at the annual Science Research Symposium in May, and on the ‘Donation’ page of the website.